Friday, August 12, 2016

Beauty Report: Maybelline ColorBlur Cream Matte Pencils


I am surprised at how this product has not gotten any attention, as I have not seen any sort of commercial or social media ad whatsoever. I was walking through the makeup aisles inside Walgreens when these captured my eye. They immediately reminded me of the Lorac Pro Matte Lip Colors. The only difference is that the Maybelline ColorBlur pencils include a smudger. The picture of the model was sporting a full on lip and an ombre lip. It wasn't the smudger that caught my attention, it was the fact that these were matte lip colors in pencil form. I bought two shades, hoping that these would be true to their claim, unlike their Vivid Matte Liquids.





Here are some swatches, they are creamy, apply evenly and are true to their shade and packaging color.



Swatch in "50: I like to mauve it"
This shade was not as matte as the other, it reminded me of the NYX lip creams, it came off when I ate and there was some transfer. 



Swatch: "40: My-My Magenta"
This shade was the most matte out of the two. There was no transfer and I was able to eat without it coming off completely, I just had to touch up the middle.

Overall, I feel like these pencils have more pros than cons, and if you are looking for some matte lip colors at a reasonable price, then these are it! Both shades applied evenly, were true to color and only one shade was not super matte. I did not try the smudgers, because they did feel kind of plastic-y and I am not fond of the ombre lip trend. I did use the smudger on my arm swatches and they smudged perfectly fine. The packaging is sturdy and reasonably sized. I like the fact that it's a pencil because it gives you more control when applying. I would definitely recommend these to any matte loving gal out there!

If you have tried them, let me know what you thought. My favorite shade is the magenta, it brightens up a simple eye look and it's great for summer and spring! Let me know if you'd like to see more reviews and come back on Monday for a brand new post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment