Thursday, September 29, 2016

Oval Brushes | Joining the Hype On a Budget





Thanks to blogging and YouTube, makeup enthusiasts are now able to stay up-to-date on all the fun (and sometimes strange) beauty trends. It seems as if there is a new trend popping up every week and while most are fun, some are just not worth the time or money. I am probably the last gal on board with this trend but better late than never, I always say! Everyone and their momma probably owns an oval brush and I have seen some retail for up to $50 per brush! In the words of KathleenLights, "Das Espensive!"

I have seen some companies advertise their oval brushes on Facebook for as low as $20 per set. Many of you have probably seen such brands as MyMakeupBrushSet and AliExpress on Facebook or Twitter. While I think they do have great deals, I watched some reviews where people complained about the poor quality. Some said the handles were not easy to hold or were too cheap and were concerned about them breaking. Others said the bristles were not soft enough or as soft as those of higher quality/price. Of course, you do get what you pay for so considering the price, quality won't be so great.

Yesterday, I was shopping around and decided to stop by TJ Maxx where I saw some oval brushes. A little curious, I checked the original retail price which was $20, much more expensive than the other off-brand oval brushes. TJ Maxx had it priced at $10 which I though was pretty reasonable, so I put it in my basket, checked out and went home to give it a try!





I like the packaging it came in, it protects the bristles and gives a full view of the product!


Just like a standard oval brush, the bristles are densely packed for smooth application and it soaks up less foundation which is why they're so sought after.


What was cool about the handle was that it swiveled the brush head in a circular motion with almost no effort on my part. I love the sleek look and rose gold finish!




One swipe (back and forth once) 


Blended out completely. 

I am so pleased with this brush, the price point was perfect in my opinion and the quality is just what I hoped for. It did not soak up the foundation like my beauty blender does and it blends everything into the skin smoothly. I can see myself using this on a daily basis and would recommend it to anyone looking for a flawless finish. If you want to try this out but don't have a TJ Maxx near you or weren't able to locate these, I linked the product above! Have any of you tried this brush or any oval brushes? I would love to know what your opinions are on this! 

4 comments:

  1. These look so good! I might have to try them! Great post!
    jadelsia.wordpress.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how pretty the rose gold is on these brushes! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I've seen these brushes promoted all over! I love your review, I must try it❤️💕
    KeepingupwithMJ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that for the price, they are definitely worth it!

      Delete