Thursday, October 13, 2016

Beauty Report: Covergirl TruNaked Nudes Palette


Eyeshadow palettes have become essentials in a makeup junkie's life and it seems as if brands are launching them every other week; it's hard to keep up! Not only that, but my wallet has a hard time recovering from the damage. Sometimes I am convinced to purchase a $50 palette that is made up of 70% shades I already own, just because of the hype! I love when affordable brands release palettes that mirror high-end quality at painless prices.

I am not a huge fan of Covergirl and I've mentioned that before. Their mascaras, and more recently their lipsticks, have been the only things I've ever purchased and enjoyed using. When I saw so many flat lays on Instagram that featured this pretty palette, I had to go check it out for myself! I was skeptical at first. I did not want this product to just be a prop for pictures, regardless of the low price.





I am in love with the packaging, I can see why it has become a popular prop in IG'ers flat lays! It's the standard drugstore plastic packaging but the graphics are nice which makes it a beautiful palette.




I also love the way the colors are arranged, its reminiscent of Urban Decay's Naked palette. The palette contains four shimmer and four matte shades. Just looking at the palette, I can think of many different eye possibilities! Its retail price is $11.99 which is not bad for a drugstore palette!



(Finger swatches over Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer)

Okay, so to the important part! Yes, it looks pretty and yes, it looks promising but is it worth it?

- My only complaints are that the first shade was almost impossible to swatch. You had to work to get the color. The second shade was way too chalky and there was some fall-out when applying. The black shade isn't as dark as I would like, it definitely could've been more pigmented.

- Other than that, I think it's a good palette to have for someone who just needs the basics and is willing to put up with those few setbacks. The formula is drier, much like drugstore quality (think Maybelline or NYC) BUT the colors lasted all day (with primer) which was surprising. I would even recommend this to someone who is starting out in makeup. I was able to get past the issues and create a lovely neutral eye look. Would I pay more than drugstore price for this? Not at all. But, it is a palette I will continue to use, and one I wouldn't mind traveling with.

- Overall, this gets three stars out of five! For its price and for Covergirl quality, I think it's a good product. Will I repurchase? No. But I do see myself using this often for days when I want something simple and quick.


Have you purchased this palette? What were your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment